Protective Clothing

Good afternoon, all;

I have some questions regarding the use of protective clothing in

contaminated areas.

1)  Are there any standards (MilSpecs, ANSI, ISO, INPO, whatever) that

provide specifications for Anti-C coveralls and clothing?  If so, what are

the citations?

2)  We currently use tyvek coveralls.  While impervious to most of the

contamination that we encounter, they have the downside of being very hot

(especially when doing building D&D in the Southern California climate).  We

primarily need to protect against contaminated concrete dust and similar

debris from building demolition.  Has anyone found an alternative to the

typical tyvek suit that breathes a bit better (thus is cooler), yet provides

an adequate level of protection against contamination?

3)  Has anyone used hospital scrubs for contamination protection in this type

of environment?  Did they provide reasonable protection?

Please reply to me privately.

Thanks,

Jim Barnes, CHP

Radiation Safety Officer