RE: Political wranglings over WIPP

> Remember, it's the "best and the brightest" who brought us Viet Nam and

> Enron.

Having been brought up "behind the iron curtain," I also recall the Korean

war, East Germany & the Berlin blockade, Soviet (Stalinist) gulags & other

attrocities, Mao's "cultural revolution" purges, the Khmer Rouge & its death

camps, etc. etc., .....no doubt with a different perspective than Bill's.

I really don't see much connection with America's "best and the

brightest" -- just the opposite - mindless fanaticism with a bit of

Hitler-style charisma is about all that's required.

I certainly wouldn't call the Marxist-Leninist-Maoist revolutionaries the

"best and the brightest"  -- wasn't it they who brought you Viet Nam ?

I suppose you could always blame the "best and the brightest" for not

teaching the rest of humanity about the dangers of fanaticism, but blaming

them for resisting it seems strange -- what's the alternative ?

 Jaro

Jaro Franta, P.Eng.

Montréal, Québec