Re: A "dirty bomb" question

I don't know about this smoke detector thing. I have two models of smoke

detectors in my house--both must be photoelectric--because my CDV-700

didn't click more near them (with the beta shield open) than away from them

and it seems to be working and reasonably calibrated based on the uranium

check source on the side.

Cheers,

Richard