RE: transportation event

Seems, therefore that it would be difficult to consider the pigs as an

integral part of the package and that the ammo cans would be considered as

overpacks rather than 7A packages.....

Whatever the "definitions", the transportation was obviously not done in a

very responsible way!

Doug

At 05:17 AM 11/13/2003 -0800, John Jacobus wrote:

>The ammo can or box is not shielded, but the loaded

>syringes and vials are in lead pigs.  The box has foam

>inserts into which the lead pigs are placed so they do

>not shift around.  The ammo cans are usually shipped

>as a Radioactive White I or Radioactive Yellow II

>label.

>One issue we see is the package was obviously not

>secured in the truck.

Doug Aitken		Schlumberger Drilling and Measurements QHSE

Advisor

Phone (Sugarland):   	281 285-8009

Phone (Home office): 	713 797-0919

Phone (Cell): 		713 562-8585

Principal E-mail: jdaitken@earthlink.net

Schlumberger E-mail: daitken@sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com

Mail: 	300 Schlumberger Drive MD2, Room 111

	Sugar Land, TX 77478