RE: Tooth Fairy (Project)

> ...the responses I've seen on Radsafe. They seem to consist

> primarily of attacks on the motivations and competence of

> those involved, rather than any semi-professional evaluation

> of the work or the issues.  It seems that anyone who

> disagrees with "the party line" is attacked as biased or incompetent.

I don't agree here. Otto's post was substantive, and we have discussed

the technical details in previous threads. The analytical methods for Sr

seem basically sound, but the project's premises are unsound, and the

project coordinators are clearly working from political, rather than a

scientific motives. There is abundant evidence that they are using

sensational means to scare the public and hurt the nuclear industry

rather than being interested in serious scientific inquiry.

> regardless of the motivations of the project

> participants, they deserve the right to present their views.

Absolutely. And others are free to criticize the work. I agree, however,

that substantive criticisms are more constructive than brief attacking

statements.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068