Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 7:42 AM

Subject: Re: Tooth Fairy (Project) Comes to Hackensack University Medical

Center

> While I don't necessarily agree with either the purpose or goals of  the

"Tooth

> Fairy Project," I am most disappointed in the responses I've seen on

Radsafe.

> They seem to consist primarily of attacks on the motivations and

competence o

> those involved, rather than any semi-professional evaluation of the work

or the

> issues.  It seems that anyone who disagrees with "the party line" is

attacked as

> biased or incompetent.

> This knee jerk response does a great disservice to all of us.

> At this point, the TSP seems to be in a data collecting stage.  Some

> recommendations regarding methodology may be in order, but, regardless of

the

> motivations of the project participants, they deserve the right to present

their

> views.

> The opinions expressed are strictly mine.

> It's not about dose, it's about trust.

> Curies forever.

> Bill Lipton

> liptonw@dteenergy.com

I've always looked on credentials as a hunting license, not a meal ticket.

I am, thus, generally suspicious of those who wave credentials rather than

present a reasonable argument.  If my argument is valid, I don't need to

wave credentials.  If I'm wrong, waving my credentials makes me look that

much worse.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton MBA, ScD, CHP, CHMM