Re: Tooth Fairy (Project) Comes to Hackensack University Medical Center

Baloney.

The TFP isn't research - it's a political stunt.  And no, there is no reason

we must treat politically motivated farces as scientific research - why must

we give them credibility they don't deserve?  If "it's not about dose, it's

about trust", then here is the perfect opportunity - the public trusts

professional individuals and organizations to separate fact from nonsense,

because WE supposedly have the knowledge to do that.  Any health physicist

who can't see about a half-dozen reasons why the TFP is a farce shouldn't be

in the profession.

Norm has been offered a number explanations (and over a long period of time,

if anyone cares to look back at the RadSafe archives) of more

straightforward methods of determining whether operating nuclear power

plants affect the health of individuals living near them.  Any one of the

explanations is sufficient to debunk the TFP as nonsense.  He has chosen to

ignore all of them, preferring the "mysterious" link between deadly,

invisible radiation and helpless infants (hint: why do you think they chose

BABY teeth, folks?).

Vincent King

Grand Junction, CO