Re: Tooth Fairy (Project) Comes to Hackensack University Medical Center

Bill,

I do agree with you from time to time, so I hope this is not just a knee-jerk response

on my part.  :)

> Virtually all research is undertaken in an attempt to prove a

> hypothesis.

This is a true statement only if you haven't already proved the hypothesis.  Nobody is

out there checking gravity to see if small kids might suddenly float away from the

earth due to intermittent fluctuations in Newton's hypothesis.  Is there really some

question about nuclear plants causing Ca, or is there instead a strategy of using

pseudo science to achieve a political goal?  I assure you, the goal is socio-political,

not scientific.

Even if these guys find that Sr-90 levels do not significantly depend on proximity to

power plants, they will simply alert the public that radioactive emmissions "move far

more rapidly into residential areas" than was previously thought possible.  Thats my

official prediction.

-Gary Isenhower

Date sent:      	Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:15:58 -0500

From:           	William V Lipton <liptonw@DTEENERGY.COM>

It's often worthwhile to look for the unexpected.  Nuclear power

plants are required to have a Radiological Environmental Monitoring

Program, even when effluent monitor results show that there's no

possibility of finding anything.

Virtually all research is undertaken in an attempt to prove a

hypothesis.

The opinions expressed ares strictly mine.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com