Nuclear Cardiology question

Does anyone have any practical experience, recommendations, and/or

literature guidance on the safety of performing angioplasty/ cardiac

catheterization studies on patients who have received Tc-99m sestimibi or

tetrofosmin injections 0-30 minutes prior to the study?   Nuclear camera

imaging would follow at 30-120 min.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the external exposure concerns

would be considered minimal, however what about exposure to contaminated

blood?

Another concern,...... could the Tc-99m energy affect or interfere with the

x-ray imaging process since the operating kVp could range from 80-120 ?

Perhaps the patient's body would provide enough attenuation?

You can respond directly to my e-mail address below if you'd like. Thank you

in advance for your help.

Dave

David A. Engelbretson

Radiation Safety Officer