Re: Posting and Monitoring Requirements @ DOE Facilities

My impression is that whether you monitor workers'

exposures or not, you can always be sued.  To win the

case requires that you show you have kept exposures

below regulatory levels.

--- jjcohen <jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET> wrote:

> Monitoring programs may not only be an ineffective

> means of avoiding lawsuits, they could be

> counterproductive in this regard. Increased levels

> of monitoring suggest increased levels concern

> toward the potential hazard. Negative monitoring

> results may indicate no hazard, but in legal

> actions, are more likely to indicate inadequate or

> ineffective monitoring procedures.

> Jerry Cohen

=====

"Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty and . . . you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."

Andrew Jackson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist