Rokke to Appear at Franklin College

See the article in the Indianapolis Star:

http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/095930-3204-009.html

This is the letter I sent to the editor. I hope that he or she prints it.

Dear Editor:

I thought that you might want to correct some errors and false implications in your article, "Nuclear physicist to give presentation on weapons at Franklin College."

Doug Rokke is a retired U.S. Army Reserve major. He did not retire from the Regular Army. He is not old enough to collect his Army Reserve retirement pay.

He is not a nuclear physicist and he is not a health physicist. He is occasionally employed as a substitute teacher. It appears his primary function is to travel around the world getting paid for speaking against depleted uranium.

He was not a director of the U.S. Army depleted-uranium project. No such project with that name ever existed. In addition, he was not a director of anything else as far as I know.

He is a Gulf War veteran, not a Gulf War combat veteran. He was never involved in combat.

As background information, I am a nuclear physicist and a health physicist, have been a director, am retired from the Regular Army, and was in combat in Vietnam. I do not consider Rokke my peer in any of those areas.

I realize that you were passing on information given to you to publicize the event. Hopefully, my corrections will indicate that the speaker has an agenda that tends to ignore the facts.

Robert Cherry, Ph.D

Certified Health Physicist

Colonel, U.S. Army (retired)