RE: medical isotopes - patient expense

Medical facilities and providers are required to do

many things.  Principally, they are to provide

standards of care to patients that are recognized as

safe and effective.

Providing patients with dosimetry information is not.

Many states require that x-ray exposure information be

posted.  However, there is no requirement to give the

patient a card that says what their dose was.

--- "Hall, David A." <halld@NV.DOE.GOV> wrote:

> Group,

> Please pardon my ignorance, but doesn't the medical

> facility and providers

> have to evaluate this information anyway?  Shouldn't

> they already 'know' (1)

> (2) and (3) listed below? I hope the answer isn't

> "for procedure x you give

> patient y amount of z."

> My own curiosity only,

> David Hall

> Las Vegas, Nevada

=====

"Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty and . . . you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."

Andrew Jackson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist