Fwd: Re: medical isotopes - patient expense

Someone questioned my reference to doses to patients

from a Tc-99m thryroid scan.  The doses for a Tc-99m

pertechnetate thyroid scan can be found in

http://www.orau.gov/ehsd/DOSETABLES.doc and see the

table for "Radiation Dose Estimates for Tc-99m

Pertechnetate."  Both organ and EDE values are

available.

A more clinical descripton of thyroid scanning factors

can be found at http://www.snm.org/pdf/thysc2.pdf with

representative doses on page 3.