RE: Information on lamp mantle on "THE STRAIGHT DOPE 12/05/2003"

Some time ago - maybe about 10-15 years ago now - a friend of mine worked on

the old Coleman facility D&D project in Wichita, Kansas (?) where these

mantles were made at one time.  I recently also came across some thoriated

ones here locally - but these were from India I believe.  I used them in a

Career Day talk at a local grade school.

Larry

Lawrence E. Boing

Argonne National Laboratory

Nuclear Engrg Division, Decommissioning Program

9700 South Cass Avenue, Bldg 362

Argonne, IL   60439

Phone 630.252.6729

Fax     630.252.5287