Re: Disposal of Decontamination Waste post RDD

You may be looking at a dirty bomb as a normal occuring event such as a tornado. A dirty bomb would be such an event in this country, the media would handle it somewhat like TMI, that I would hope the Govt. mandates would kick in (fed. disaster area, terrorits event, etc.) and as Larry said, clean up waste would be sent to a NTS or Hanford, where I have helped send alot of DOE D&D waste. Remember, with a dirty bomb most insurance companies will not pay off. Its like suicide on a life insurance policy. It comes down to U.S. Govt. support (hopefully) with some involvement as they did on 911. No doubt though an event with the "N" word in this country would be devastating, not so much from the decon required but the media going absolutely nuts on us as they always do. Can you imagine the minute to minute coverage on CNN as every surface is deconned.

Ward G. Brunkow

Sr.Engineer /Sr.Technical Consultant

The Chamberlain Group, Ltd.