AW: How to Prepare for a Deployment to Iraq

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Gerry Blackwood

Gesendet: Samstag, 13. Dezember 2003 17:43

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: Fwd: How to Prepare for a Deployment to Iraq

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I posted this to the site not as spam or to get

insulting e-mail in retuen.

Mr Blackwood,

You seem to forget that the RADSAFE list is a list for radiation

professionals. PLEASE EXPLAIN, WHY YOU SENT THIS S++T TO THIS LIST!!!!! Your

message has nothing to do with radiation protection. Sending this to the

list could only be excused by that you were intoxicated by either ethanol or

some other drugs. I really do hope that Mike will tell you about how to

behave on this list!!!!!

I really do hope that you got a lot of what you call "insulting e-mails",

because this would indicate that a large number of RADSAFErs are insulted by

your unexcusable message. That your message is not spam - you seem not to

know, what "spam" is - can be easily recognized.

Furthermore you seem to forget that this list is open to all international

participants. If you intend to do pro"American" propaganda, please do it on

another list or create a new one. "We" Europeans are not interested in it.

And during my last visit to the USA a few months ago I found, that without

exceptions nobody of my friends supported the US-propaganda on Iraq.

Commenting on the content of the "message": If US-soldiers do not like the

conditions in Iraq, they can always take to mutiny. They are well payed for

being there. NOBODY HAS ASKED THEM TO GO THERE, EXCEPT THEIR PRESIDENT. They

have waged "war" there without the consent of the United Nations, pretending

that Iraq had a stockpile of Weapons of Mass Destruction - though everybody

knew, that they had none and never any such weapons have been found. Direct

your complaints to your president and his supporters. Nobody has asked US

troops and their very few allies to kill tens of thousands of Iraqis -

except their president.

If your contact person regards this as a "hoot" it is really ridiculous.

Tell him that he is a shame to the United States.

This e-mail is not funny (how can you dare to say that!), but it is a slap

into the face of any educated person. I hope that nobody at RADSAFE regards

this as funny and even if it is close to reality I do not see any reason why

it should be funny. This is the reality and if US troops do not like it they

simply should stay out.

----------------------------------

Many of us served in the

military and in Iraq either now or back in the 90s.

I have not served and I guess that most of the RADSAFE community has not

served - take it to the appropriate Iraqi war list. I can hardly imagine

that anybody will regard your message as funny. Enjoy your "Company

Commanders" hoot, but do not bother us with his s++t.

While we are all scientist in one form or another many

of us served and understand what this really means.

While we are all safe at home right now many of our

sons and daughter are in harms way. Remember that.

-------------------------

I refuse to accept you as a scientist "in one form or another" on the

grounds of your inhuman opinion. If you served it is your problem and you

should try to overcome it with psychological help. If others served it was

as with you a part of their contract and there is nothing to complain about.

Your complaint about "your" sons and daugthers I simply regard ridiculous -

they subscribed to the army and if they are killed it is a part of their

contract, the same way it is for fire fighters. Nevertheless international

sources talk about 24 000 Iraqis killed during the US agression.

Be ashamed!!!!!

Franz (no titles, Mr. Lt.Col USA ret.!)

Gerry Blackwood Ph.D

Lt.Col USA ret