Re: AW: How to Prepare for a Deployment to Iraq

On 14 Dec 2003 at 5:26, Gerry Blackwood wrote:

> It was never my intention to make a political

> statement, just add some humor onto the list. For

> educated  and logical folk that we are suppose to be I

> cannot belive that this simple and funny post set off a

> series of attack-mail....... How childish.

Hi Gerry,

A little humor is always appreciated. And, posting this to Radsafe wasn't really the

issue. I personally objected to the list's reaction and the rebuttal which quickly degraded

to both personal as well as attacks on homelands. That was the only issue I had.

Radsafe has always been a venue where it is hoped that ideas and the issues can be

debated, attempting to keep from attacking the person. This doesn't always happen,

and when it doesn't, the members simply need to be reminded to keep the attacks

limited to the debate, and not to continue the personal assault.

Hope this clarifies my opinions and maybe those of others on the list as well.

Thanks ...

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/