Re: U.S. Nuke Labs' Security Facing Review

Unfortunately, this is one more case of DOE meeting my expectations.

What really bothers me are the cases where sensitive keys were lost or

missing, but not reported for several days, even for weeks.  While you can't

expect people to never lose keys, it is reasonable to expect that an

individual entrusted with access to sensitive information will promptly

report any potential security breaches, such as lost keys or keycards.  If

compensatory measures are implemented promptly, the security impact is

minimal. The real problem is when the problem sits uncorrected for an

extended time.

I suspect that there is a "shoot the messenger" mentality which promotes

coverups of mistakes.

They still don't get it.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.