Re: 'Dirty Bomb' Was Major New Year's Worry

This is not unusual. The breakdown in communications

between agencies is still very bad. Bet your State OEM

Office knew and bet they did not pass it down. There is

no reason why state radiation control agencies should

not have been notified. The rest? Well that is

subjective.

Gerry Blackwood

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:45:26 -0500, "Bradt, Clayton"

wrote:

> What the article shows is that the media have access

> homeland security

> information not made available to state radiation

> control agencies.  Neither

> I nor any of my counterparts were informed of the

> activities these survey

> teams.  The stories in the newspapers were the first

we

> heard of it.    The

> decision to keep the States in the dark was  made at

> some level in the

> Federal bureaucracy, and without any State input.

> Maybe this is all for

> the best.  Maybe not.  Without a discussion by all the

> interested parties

> there is no way to tell.

> Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

> Principal Radiophysicist

> NYS Dept. of Labor

> Radiological Health Unit

> voice: (518) 457-1202

> fax:    (518) 485-7406

> e-mail: Clayton.Bradt@labor.state.ny.us

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

body

> of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

archives

http://mail.Justice.com