Re: 'Dirty Bomb' Was Major New Year's Worry

What the article shows is that the media have access to homeland security

information not made available to state radiation control agencies.  Neither

I nor any of my counterparts were informed of the activities these survey

teams.  The stories in the newspapers were the first we heard of it.    The

decision to keep the States in the dark was  made at some level in the

Federal bureaucracy, and without any State input.   Maybe this is all for

the best.  Maybe not.  Without a discussion by all the interested parties

there is no way to tell.

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor