Re: AW: AW: New Dirty Bomb study

Franz, the last thing I listen to is the media or

politicians and my sources today are just as good as

when I was active. Yes there is a lot that does not

make it to press, thank god. I also understand the

facts around Goiania accident. I also saw reports that

were not accessable to the public back in from 85-93.

While I am still not sure it was just an accident.

Whats not in the public domain is even more

interesting. As far as the investigation is concerned,

it focused on the reconstruction of the accident

sequence. While not all investigations are focused on

just the science. Especially the ones I was involved

with.

IAEA is doing the best it can. Its the US and other

member states that should be doing much better.

Gerry Blackwood

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:15:24 +0100, "Franz Schoenhofer"

wrote:

> [...]

for

> anybody. One of the

> best sources - or rather the best source - is Jose

> Julio Rozental, who has

> not only been the leading figure in the evaluation of

> this accident, but

> also is a very frequent contributor to RADSAFE. Yes, I

> had the privilege to

> meet him personally - but only many years after I met

> others who were

> involved in the evaluation and I read scientific

> reports about it. The IAEA

> has published reports not only on Goiania, but also on

> many other accidents

> with radioactive material from abandoned sources -

and,

> believe me, there is

> such a lot, which does not make it to the mass media.

> For the mass media

> only potential disasters are of interest in connection

> with "nuclear" or

> "radioactivity", when real people are hurt or killed

in

> accidents, no paper

> is interested, no TV-shows are organized. I did not

> read, hear or see

> anything on the Goiania accident in Austrian mass

> media. The same - or at

> most a few lines on page 27 - is true for all other

> accidents, the fatal and

> lethal ones included.

> The IAEA is struggling for better protection of

sources

> and offering help

> with expertise to member states.

> I do not know, where your "informations" come from,

but

http://mail.Justice.com