Re: Eco-extremism

Jan. 16

	In a Jan. 14 posting on the thread about the WIPP shipments Bill Lipton

said I seemed to see a "vast conspiracy" by the opponents of WIPP, and

probably among anti-nukers in general.

	A conspiracy is generally considered to be a secret plan to accomplish

some wrong or illegal end.  I consider the anti-nukers' agenda to wrong

(although not illegal) but it's not secret so it's not a conspiracy.

However --

	I invite Bill Lipton to go to the link (see below) that Michael Stabin

posted and read the article.  The salmon scare-mongers have their fingers

in PCB pies in more than one state, they easily work in concert, and they

(and most "environmentalists") receive their funding from the same

relatively few foundations and trust funds.  Naturally there is nooooo

conspiracy, but there is an astounding ability to work in harmony on more

than one level.  Radiophobes have the same ability to work in collusion.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com

- - - - -

The germane portion of Michael Stabins' posting:

	This article is only about PCBs in salmon, not radiation, but the

parallels are obvious. Many of us know Steve Milloy's Junk Science web site

and publications (http://www.junkscience.com/), I thought it was

interesting that this kind of analysis got national exposure on Fox News.

Eco-Extremism, Not Science, Behind Fishy Salmon Scare, by Steven Milloy