Re: OSHA & Radiation (was: Badges for surgery)

While cleaning up a P-32 spill in one of our research

buildings, a security guard asked, "How dangerous is

this stuff?"  I said, "It is okay as long as you don't

link the floor."

This may have nothing to do with this link, but I felt

like telling this story.

--- HP Dean <RadConDean@comcast.net> wrote:

> Been there and done that and still received a "no

> way will we enter the area

> in an emergency" no from a major city fire

> department and law enforcement

> agency.  The paint on the radioactive material signs

> would produced more of

> a health hazard than the stuff in side, if ingested.

>  They said, they would

> actually wait till we arrived and pulled the body

> out of the area, or such

> and such.

> Dean Chaney, CHP

. . .

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist