Re: Eco-extremism

In general, I have always been wary about parallels between chemical or biological agents and radiation. The belief of the mystics to the contrary, "man-made" radiation and "natural" radiation is of course identical, because of its primitive fundamental nature. This is in sharp

contrast to the situation with macromolecules, where a slight alteration in configuration may produce profoundly different behaviour. I believe it is claimed that 90% of the pesticides to which mankind is exposed are naturally produced. However in this instance, unlike the situation

with radiation, it is not necessarily possible to thereby dismiss the potential hazards of introducing man-made pesticides, since it is probably impossible to synthesize the entire spectrum. As regards fish farms, a major concern is the introduction of anti-biotics in the feed. This

apparently is resulting in the evolution of new disease strains with which the wild fish are unable to cope.

Sincerely,

Bill Prestwich