Re: Radiophobia wins again

Like it or not, whether something is "safe" is a matter of opinion.  I thought it was

safe to limit my speed to 45 mph in Friday's MI weather.  There were a lot of drivers

out there who must have thought it's "safe" to drive a lot faster.

Sciencists can quantify the risks - if  you accept their sometimes questionable

assumptions.   What risks to take are a matter of individual decision.

If someone thinks bungee jumping is safer than living near a nuclear power plant,

that's his decision. You make think he's wrong, but it's still his decision.  His

perception is the political reality.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton