RE: 700 cancer cases caused by X-rays

And what were the average doses?  One rem?  Five rem?

Twenty rem?  I agree that extrapolation beyond know

levels is risky, however, there are many cases where

patients to receive significant exposures to radiation

from CT exams.  Currently, our "detection limit" is

about 10 rem.

My comment to this issue is what is the significants?

How many lives were saved by the use of radiation?

Even the excess number of cancer cases (if they could

be identified among the "normal" cancer death)

probably benefited from the use of the radiation at

the time of exposure.

--- "Stabin, Michael"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,174-982118,00.html

>                   700 cancer cases caused by X-rays

>                   By Sam Lister

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist