Postal Regulations and RAM Shipping

Group,

I have been looking at the changes to the DOT regs. and see that the

definition of radioactive material has changed to a nuclide specific value

found in table 173.436.  Does anyone know if this has any effect on US

postal regulations?  I looked at USPS Publication 52, and its definition

refers to the one found in 49 CFR 173.403 (70 Bq/g).

Joey Michael

Health Physicist Assistant

The University of Iowa

Health Protection Office