Follow up question

Hi all,

The responses I received from my last question were extremely useful and have led me to ask even more.  I was enlightened that blood irradiators, depending on the specific kind, usually run out of juice for blood irradiation in about ten to 15 years.  Specifically, though, what are the lifespans of 1-source, 2-source, and 3-source blood irradiators, respectively.

Also, of the three major companies that specialize in selling irradiators, which ones offer disposal services?  And of these companies that do dispose, do any discriminate against a particular radioactive substance?  I've read that, unlike Co-60, Cs-137 is difficult to dispose of because it is not a Target Source, which precludes it from further use.

Thanks again for all the helpfull inforation.  I really apprecieat it.

Best wishes,

Ned Naylor