RE: 15 or 25 mrem per year?

ER then things have changed a bunch.  I attended a local chapter meeting on

a clean up project [I think it was part of the Rocky Flats clean up but

maybe not.]  Anyway the contractor assumed that if they documented meeting

the EPA's 15 mrem that would be acceptable to the NRC.  I hope nobody is

surprised that they were wrong and had to do a whole separate report

documenting that they had met the 25 mrem figure for the NRC.

Of course things change and this was say 3 to 5 years ago.

Any opinions expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily

represent those of the Eastern Colorado VA Health Care System, The

Department of Veterans Affairs, or the United States Government.

Peter G. Vernig

Radiation Safety Officer, VA Medical Center 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO

80220, ATTN:  RSO MS 115; peter.vernig@med.va.gov; personal

peter_vernig@hotmail.com; 303.399.8020 ext. 2447, FAX: 303.393-5026 [Off on

weekends] Alternate fax 303-377-5686 [Service 24/7]

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is

pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is found to be

excellent or praiseworthy, let your mind dwell on these things."

Paul of Tarsus