	From: owner-radsafe@list.Vanderbilt.Edu on behalf of Jay Beckel

	Sent: Wed 2/11/2004 11:43 AM

	To: radsafe@list.Vanderbilt.Edu

	Subject: Gamma surveys (in-situ)

	Okay, this is probably a stupid question to most of you, but is there a standard distance between detector and surface being measured?  We have one meter grids and are wanting a kind of secondary reassurance that we've found everything, so we're doing gross gamma counting in addition to all other surveying.  Probe is centered over the square.

	Thanks for any advice!

	Jay