Question about RTG sources and xxBe sources

Hello radsafers:

I know that many RTG sources contain an alpha emitter.  I have been told

that in many of these RTG sources, the alpha emitter is actually a mixture

of an alpha emitter with beryllium; PoBe, PuBE, AmBe, etc.

Is this right?

I understand that beryllium or maybe fluorine are included in neutron

sources, but in heat sources?

Thanks, with best regards

Rick Haaker