RE: Midyear talk

Ruth et al

I agree on the lack of a standard. We discussed this at an International

Symposium in Ottawa in the late '90's. A major issue (it least for me) is

that the RBE, while modified from the "physical" value using animal data, is

primarily for cancer induction in individual humans. It should not be used

to insure the a "non human" species will survive.

I have an old (2001) draft copy of a Canadian ACRP WG report "Protection of

Non-Human biota from Ionizing Radiation". It was ACRP-22 but I don't know if

the WG finished it.

John

John R Johnson, Ph.D.