Re: Apparent Illegal Shipment

DOT regulations do not distinguish between NORM-TENORM, etc. and NRC licensed

material.  Radioactivity is radioactivity.  (What a concept!) Here's the DOT

definition (49 CFR 173.403:  "Radioactive material means ANY material having a

specific activity greater than 70 Bq per gram (0.002 microcurie per gram)"  In

October, this will change to radionuclide specific values, to achieve

"harmonization" with international regulations; something that bothers a AAA

card holder such as me.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton