Re: nuclear weapons

Sandy, boy are your right on this one......... not much as

changed since then....... To answer your question on the neutron

bomb, since I got a kick back on your e-mail. The W70s and W79s

were disassembled starting in 91 and I think all over by 97.

Gerry

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:54:59 -0500, "Sandra" wrote:

> After working in Minute Man III missiles while in the air force,

> I know that

> those warheads can be shipped in a small crate all together or

> even smaller

> containers by alone. After the wall went down in Berlin the

> Soviet Union

> lost track of some of their  nucs and we have not always known

> where all

> ours are at any given time.  It would only take a small hand

full

> of trained

> people to over take a military convoy on the way to missile silo

> or site.

> The bases are relatively small and their security police are not

> trained

> well enough to withstand a real attempt at these sites or

convoys.

> I could tell you stories that would leave you dumbfounded at

> their stupidity

> and their laziness.

> The missiles that were deployed on the flatbed in Europe were

> even smaller

> and could easily be transported and were easily transported from

> place to

> place.  Security, from my point of view, only drew more

attention

> to what

> was going on, so leaving security behind was a better idea.  The

> training

> that normal military recieve in the air force is a couple days,

> perhaps for

> an hour or two on those days, at the range.  Some don't even

> qualify with a

> weapon, and are just signed off on their cards.  I remember the

> first time I

> handled a .38 in the air force I shot the ceiling of the range.

> They were

> really upset by the paper work they would have to do about the

> hole in the

> ceiling.  But this did not keep me from running the missile

field

> as a

> technician who did the electronics and targeting in the silos

and

> the

> capsule work.  I was simply signed off.. had passed their

> criteria.  What

> kind of force could I have used with a handgun alone with a few

> bullets? no

> clip on this weapon.  It was really a false sense of security.

> If a small

> group of "terrorists" had over taken our convey they would have

> gotten what

> ever they wanted.  We were no match for high-tech automatic

> weapons.

> Someone could have placed a device during a normal traffic stop

> on the

> vehicle and blow it up on the way to the field.  Security?  It

> was not

> really all that good in the 1980's.  I have no idea what they

are

> doing

> today, but I can imagine it cannot be much better.

> I hate to say it, but military security is really lax and

usually

> they don't

> choose the most intelligent people for this duty.  Few are high

> quality,

> thinkers.

> I also know that the USA has consistently broke treaties that

> have detailed

> the placement of nuclear warheads.  So even if we sign a treaty

> detailing

> what is expected we never comply in completion, we do what ever

> we want and

> when we get caught we make up lies or pretend it never happened

> or imprison

> the whistleblower.

> Our nucs are not that secure.  Perhaps we ought to worry about

> what we are

> doing as well.  Somehow we never consider the breechs in our

> security and

> how easy it could be for even an active military person to take

> home a

> complete can of warheads with the help of  a few friends.  Not

> all active

> duty military personnel are loyal to the oath.  Nor are all

> active duty

> military people who they say they are.

> --Sandy

> just my experience and my opinion

of

> ANFO

> > chemical explosive, and requires far less technical know-how.

> > Even a fleet of fuel trucks loaded with ANFO could probably

> cause more

> > devastation when distributed throughout a city, than a single

> small

> nuclear

> > bomb exploded at ground level.

> > Something to consider, when developing homeland defense

> strategies &

> > detection techniques, IMHO.

> >  Jaro

> > http://www.cns-snc.ca/branches/quebec/quebec.html

> e-mail,

> > with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe archives at

> > http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

Put

http://mail.Justice.com