Would you hire this HP/CHP??

In a message dated 2/20/2004 9:12:11 AM Mountain Standard Time,

Mcgrathhoffman writes:

Greetings professional HPs,

My husband,  Larry Hoffman MS, CHP has recently been

totally disabled from his position as a Health Physicist at

Los Alamos National Laboratory.   His official diagnosis

is "cognitive decline" due to a stroke.  This is to say that

Larry who graduated first in his class from CSU and has

been a CHP for some time,  can no longer recall the most

basic radiation (decay equation, half lifes for instance) principles

which were rote at one time.  The University of California's

permanent disability coverage has approved him for a

lifetime of benefits,  as has Pudential Life Insurance.

But Liberty Mutual Disability Ins Co whose supplemental

disability insurance coverage is a UC benefit has denied

all benefits.   Liberty Mutual's argument is that while Larry

may not be a supervisory or emergency response HP,  he

can work as a "sedentary HP" at a university,  hospital,

state or federal government.

So why am I presenting this drivel to you???   Would you,

hire Larry in your workplace as an HP?  Keep in mind the

fact that not one of Larry's personal physicians will release him

to return to work.

It is my intent to use any/all responses from this group to counter

Liberty Mutual's denial and submission that Larry can continue

to work as a "sedentary HP."

I  promise to keep any/all responses in confidence and anonymous.

It would be helpful if you would indicate that you work in a university,

hospital, state or federal government ie..

Thank you in advance,

Mary Jo McGrath Hoffman