RE: Would you hire this HP/CHP??

There are no jobs that a (C)HP, working in that capacity, has or can

have that do not have a potential impact on the SAFETY of workers or the

public.

In that regard, there is no such thing as a sedentary HP.  This is

defacto - a similar principle would apply to an industrial hygienist,

who is responsible for worker safety and protection when working in that

capacity.

I will stand behind the statement openly that a Health Physicist must be

of normal and reasonable mental capacity to perform the job of a health

physicist. Under the conditions you list below, I would not (nor could

not) hire this individual for that level of responsibility.  His

personal physicians, the most qualified to assess his situation, appear

to understand the situation.

Good luck to Larry!

Regards,

Ed Waller

Edward J. Waller, PhD, PEng, CAIH, CHP

Associate Professor of Radiation Science

Energy Engineering and Nuclear Science

University of Ontario Institute of Technology

2000 Simcoe Street North

Oshawa, Ontario

L1H 7K4

Phone (905) 721-3111 x2609