Re: AW: Important article even if not radiation related

Regarding compensation to patients given plutonium and

other radionuclides, the issue came down to questions

of informed consent.  I believe compensation was given

to about 18 people or their families based on the fact

that they were not told it was plutonium or that the

patients understood that it was a radioactive

substance.  The standards and practices associated

with human experiment was different in the 1940s and

1950s.  One woman with heart diseased lived for

another 15 years or so following her study.

--- Franz Schoenhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

wrote:

> [...]

=====

"The care of human life and happiness . . . is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist