RE: nuclear weapons

Great story about stealing a submarine.  But probably

a plot line for one of his many books.

http://www.gnooks.com/discussion/richard+marchinko.html

and http://www.navysealteams.com/Marcinko.htm

I believe was discharged from the Navy and sent to

prison (not sure about this) because he diverted

funds.  Basically, he stole money from the government

and used it for his own purposes.  Like Oliver North,

he has been able to build a career out out his own

ledgend.

I see the same "story" at

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2002/11/47003.html

under "I feel Safer Now."  So I guess if not true it

is worth repeating.  And if repeated often enough, it

is true.

I have always question whether exercises are a true

test of capabilities.

--- "Mudek, Mario D." <MARIO.D.MUDEK@saic.com> wrote:

> I think the great Navy Seal Richard Marcinko aka.

> The Rogue Warrior, proved

> that even a well armed well trained defense with

> advanced notice (they

> briefed them a month before the exercise) was no

> match for the superior

> training of a seal team (seal team six).

> Richard finally went too far when he and his team

> stole a trident missile

> submarine from Kings Bay GA. complete with a

> complement of 24 missiles. With

> 4, 6, or who knows as many as 8 war heads each.

> Some believe that this is

> why he went to prison.

> Due to congressional contract rules rent-a-cops

> guard much of our nuc

> weapons now.

> I believe the worst thing is for one or more of them

> to be stolen, nobody

> notices until after a few inventory cycles by then

> the trail is cold or it

> has become so much of an embarrassment that we never

> find them or ever find

> out that they are missing.  Taking them by force

> would serve to expose a

> weakness or a threat.  The best intel is the kind

> nobody knows you have

> until it's too late.

> The best (worst) terrorists are home grown, let's

> keep them on our side.

> just my opinion

> -mario

=== message truncated ===

=====

"The care of human life and happiness . . . is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist