Re: Article: Beware 'Sound Science.' It's Doublespeak for Trouble

In Australia, these sorts of groups managed to 'put the kybosh' on a

couple of major uranium mining projects, both of which had contractually

offered technical training, real jobs, and management input, and in one

project, substantial equity (!!) to the local aboriginal people. Being

in remote areas these people had/have zero hope of decent access to

education and jobs otherwise.

Tragically, the ramped up radiophobia spread by the anti-nuke groups

blinded the political party in power and an influential sector of the

aboriginal population to the benefits which were foregone.

Sure, they have influence alright!

Mark Sonter (now an independent consultant again so I can say what I

think without worrying about whether I might be getting some politician

in the poo.....)