Re: Article: Beware 'Sound Science.' It's Doublespeak for Trouble

I think you should also send it to the writer of the

article.  The editor might publish your letter, but

the writer may start a dialog.

--- BLHamrick@aol.com wrote:

> Standard Time,

> jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET writes:

> When those with scientific

> training are confused, how is the general public

> supposed to distinguish

> between "sound science" and the kind of crap put out

> by TFP and similar

> groups????

> Very good question.  I sent a short not to the

> Washington Post.  I'm sure it

> won't see the light of day.

> To the Editor:

> So, a group of politicos on one side of the

> environmental debate has now

> claimed the politicos on other side have

> misappropriated the phrase ..sound science.

>  (..Beware ..Sound Science...  It..s Doublespeak

> for Trouble,. by Chris Mooney,

> February 29, 2004).   Exactly what phrase should

> legitimately credentialed

> scientists use to get their point across in these

> debates?

> Sincerely,

> Barbara L. Hamrick

=====

"The care of human life and happiness . . . is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com

Yahoo! Search - Find what you.re looking for faster

http://search.yahoo.com