Re: Article: Beware 'Sound Science.' It's Doublespeak for Trouble

In a message dated 3/2/2004 9:14:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,

jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET writes:

When those with scientific

training are confused, how is the general public supposed to distinguish

between "sound science" and the kind of crap put out by TFP and similar

groups????

Very good question.  I sent a short not to the Washington Post.  I'm sure it

won't see the light of day.

To the Editor:

So, a group of politicos on one side of the environmental debate has now

claimed the politicos on other side have misappropriated the phrase “sound science”

 (“Beware ‘Sound Science.’  It’s Doublespeak for Trouble,” by Chris Mooney,

February 29, 2004).   Exactly what phrase should legitimately credentialed

scientists use to get their point across in these debates?

Sincerely,

Barbara L. Hamrick