RE: more DU propaganda

I sent this out earlier, and just realized that I only replied to Jaro, instead of the group.

-------

Propaganda is right.  The photographer is known for his photos of (correct technical term) monsters.  I'm willing to bet that most of those photos were from his files, and not taken in either Kosovo or Iraq.

Also, from my biology and embryology training, I recognize most of those deformities as either "normal" developmental miscues, or with links to chemicals.  That teratogenesis increased after warfare is not that surprising, given the chemical releases from both munitions and targets.  It is truly amazing the number of chemicals that have teratogenic effects - one of the classic teratogens used in embryological research is proprionic acid; a chemical which is a component of the characteristic odors of cheese and fresh-baked bread.

It might be interesting to compare the figures given with the aftermath of a conflict which didn't use DU sabot rounds (and likely had more dependence on chemical munitions).

Dave Neil

Interesting aside: ask what a monster is and 99 out of 100 people will mention Frankenstein, Dracula, or werewolves - none of which are monsters by the definition. Only rarely will someone name Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame), who was one.