Re: Article: Report targets nuclear dump (SRS)

Bill ?

Good point.

Here's my analogy ... you certainly remember the TV show "Laugh In" ... and you remember the character that Lily Tomlin played ... Earnestine the telephone operator. Remember one of her taglines? "We're the phone company. We don't have to care."

Enough said on my part. I agree with your point about DOE's track record. My daughters said the same thing (we don't need any oversight) when they were in their teens too ... but since they didn't provide the funding necessary for the oversight, they weren't in a position to stop it, fortunately both for me and them.

Jim

>>> William V Lipton <liptonw@dteenergy.com> 3/15/2004 11:56:27 >>>

Given DOE's track record, I am skeptical of your assertion that DOE does not

need independent monitoring.  The burden of proof should be on DOE, not on

those potentially impacted by its practices.

Wait, I have a better idea.  We spend big $$ for our state police agencies

to enforce motor vehicle laws.  Why don't we just make each driver

responsible for his own enforcement?

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton