Nevada Sues Feds, Again

This is the State that once had the best mine engineering colleges in the Nation.  However, their track record  for oversight of the mining industry in Nevada appears to have been done with a roll of the dice, considering all the environmental cleanups at former mines.  This is legal blackmail of DOE and the public, at its finest.  With gaming revenues down they will grasp at any straw for more of the taxpayers dollars.

http://www.rgj.com/news/printstory.php?id=66470

"......Guinn supports the latest lawsuit, spokesman Greg Bortolin said. U.S. Rep. Shelley Berkley, D-Las Vegas, said she does, too, adding, "Not since King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette have we seen such arrogance as we do now on the part of the DOE.""

Remember the suit for the miners at Yucca and the silica dust exposure?  I wonder how they determined that the miners exposure at Yucca Mtn was the primary source and not some other previous mining employment.

Dean Chaney