Bethlehem and Ruth Weiner--Adding insult to injury

    Dear RADSAFERS:

    I find these comments by Dr. Weiner petty, crass and ignorant. I only

call them as I see them. First it was the old magazine article and then the

comments at the end of this, Weiner's last note.

    I am saddened by the ignorance shown in Dr. Weiner's compensation

remarks, but especially indignant about the comment regarding how much money a

"lawyer and consulting expert will get."  Your inference is palpable and disgusting!

-

> Why did the Bethlehem Steel workers not claim Workmen's Compensation?  I

> suspect it is because (a) they would have had to demonstrate the connection

> between whatever illness they were claiming and the conditions under which

they

> worked (or had worked) and (b) they would have forfeited their right to

sue.

> Next question:  what fraction of the $150K does the claimant's lawyer and

> consulting expert get?

> Ruth

> Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.

> Office of The Ministry of Not Knowing-MNK

****

    With regard to your 'question' (a). -- How could anyone prove anything

when records and operations were conducted under compartmentalized secrecy and

records were/are either hidden, destroyed or nonexistent? Add to this, poor or

no dosimetry or record keeping, if any, that was done during those days. This

question is unnecessarily redundant and bordering on "double speak."

    And again, please refrain in the future from citing outdated and or

incorrect documentation (1981 Science Magazine--see: RADSAFE # 1075), as this can

only create a harmful and or dangerous situation with erroneous human health

ramifications, findings and information being distributed.

    Sincerely,

    Louis Ricciuti

    Niagara Falls Lewiston Porter Youngstown Lockport Buffalo Tonawanda

    Los Alamos East

    "Before there was Los Alamos there was the LOOW"

       The Lake Ontario Ordnance Works

(About to get my crap detector recalibrated--any ideas on a check source?)

NEXT.