Love Canal, radionuclides and wasted time

  Are there radionuclides in Love Canal?

  You can bet your probe there are.

  Hooker Chemical is on AWE list --  Hooker = Love Canal. OK? So far?

  Hooker is in the NIOSH Report. OK?

    No radionuclides in Love Canal, Oh really, Steve? Ever been to Tte Canal?

    Your most recent documentation is from 1985. At least you're citations

are getting more up to date. Keep going.

    For six or seven years the DOD/US Army denied any involvement in the

dumping at Love Canal (many eyewitnesses claim the contrary). When the suits and

dust had settled though, the US Mil./DOD chipped in about $8 million dollars

for the final capping, etc. Perhaps Steve, you weren't aware of the Cs137 that

was found on the Love Canal site? The presence of this material was documented,

and then I believe, accidentally or erroneously classified as being a surface

contamination from fallout. It may be time for a reexamination of that

finding and the facts involved. Any problem with that Steve?

   Unfortunately Steve, there are numerous records of Cs137 disposals in the

form of "gap" avalanche-triggering devices (known as krytrons) that were

delivered and buried in the area of the LOOW in Niagara County, only a few miles

from the Canal. If the Cs137 found at Love Canal was from atmospheric testing,

as a report claims, then this represents a deposition Hot Spot that was never

fully investigated (sorry) and raises other serious questions about fallout

tracking and reporting, inventory, record keeping, uptake, etc. I do, however,

Steve, appreciate you opening this "Can-al of Worms."

    Let's see the NAA results or species origin (what's that term

again--being able to detect which reactor or fission event the material was created

from)?  Anyway, I hope you see what I mean. One can always hope.

    No testing, to the best of my knowledge was ever done for radiological

materials WITHIN THE CANAL. If this testing was ever done within the canal

itself, there are no public records for it that I've been able to find. I've been

through the boxes.

(If so, anyone care to cough them up?)

    Also, during the time the initial Cs report was offered, I believe that

no consideration was given to the fact that these two same fission products

were found within only a few miles of each other, in an area that supposedly had

no reactor in operation nearby, and, that had recorded shipments of that

isotope to the area.

Hmm.

Steve Dapra writes--

> In case you didn't know it,

> Louis, Love Canal had chemicals in it, not radionuclides.

> Steve Dapra@swcp.com

***

 Please don't be smart with me Mr. Dapra and please don't waste my time.

 Did you see the citations I provided for the NIOSH reports that you harped

about?

 Have you finished them already? Or are you just wasting your time and mine?

  You can waste yours.

    Funny thing Steven, I was at the Love Canal site this past Friday with an

associate of the Pauling Gang, and had a memory...that the capping and

'remediation' work at Love Canal was done by a company which has now become one of

the numerous large radiation remediation corporations working for the

government at places like Oak Ridge, Paducah, Piccatinny and others.

    Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

    Sincerely,

    Louis Ricciuti

Ps-AND Mr. Dapra, the references you provided are pitiful-

[1]. Is from a public works committee hearing in 1979. BEFORE the canal was

even declared an emergency and before any testing was even done, and, [3]. Is

an EDITORIAL Position 24 years old!   Hello in there?

    WOW, are we proud yet?  My recently calibrated (here) crap detecter is

starting to click wildly now--nearly 100,00o CPM.  :*)

    NEXT.