Re: personal detectors/dosimeters

A question for the group: does anyone have opinions on currently

available "radiation pagers," keyfob gamma detectors, or area alarms

suitable for use at a trauma center? I want to upgrade our current

pocket chamber dosimeters to allow automatic alarming at selected

personnel dose limits. I also would like to have some always-on,

automatic gamma detection alarm so that any contaminated patient

arriving as a trauma victim (e.g., RDD not appreciated in field, pt.

brought in as regular trauma patient) will be detected, and

contamination contained.

Thanks,

Robert Feldman, MD FAAEM

Stroger Hospital of Cook County