a Chernobyl question

Dear colleagues:

I am looking for any published hard data addressing the exposure of

medical care personnel who responded to the Chernobyl accident and

treated or cared for the victims.  So far, I have been unable to find

any such data in the English language scientific journals or reports by

UNSCEAR or IAEA.  There is anecdotal information (e.g.,  in Mettler and

Voelz, N Engl J Med 346:20, 1554-1561, 2002), but I have not found any

data, either the actual dosimetry or calculated doses.  There are a

number of related papers listed in PubMed in Russian and a few in French

- both out of my league!

The reason for interest in the data is for communication of risk to

medical care providers, emergency room physicians and nurses.  We know

that doses will be relatively low, but it is hard to find "real" data to

use as examples in communicating that point.

If you know where such data exist, I would sure appreciate a response

off the list.

Many thanks,

Armin

Armin Ansari, PhD, CHP