RE: Outdated Love Canal reference from Weiner - Dapra is..

One of the points made in the article was that the study was done 10 and 20 years after exposure, precisely in order to encompass a latency period.

In my extreme scientific naivete, I was assuming that peer review was still the "gold standard" for science, and that the peer-reviewed portion of SCIENCE magazine -- the Reports section -- was still considered a first-class scientific journal (I am sure AAAS wuld be surprised to hear otherwise).

I might point out that, in 1981, I, too, was surprised by the articles findings, but I accepted it as as a solid, well-documented study.  But then, I didn't have an agenda.  And actually, I don't now. I haven't seen anything in SCIENCE (or any other peer-reviewed journal that I read) that contradict's the study's findings. Can someone point me to a PEER-REVIEWED study in a reputable scientific journal that refutes the 1981 study I cited?

Ruth Weiner

--

Ruth F. Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com