RE: Niagara, Franz, Kidneys around MED AEC sites

Thank you Rick.  I foundthe testimony very informative.  The following phrase in particular caught my attention:

"DOL uses the results of this dose reconstruction and the HHS guidelines for probability of causation to determine whether the cancer of the employee was at least as likely as not to have been related to his or her exposure to radiation in the performance of duty. "

If the exposure to radiation IN THE PERFORMANCE OF DUTY took place more than 50 years ago, I cannot understand how a cancer could be related to that exposure and not to the myriad carcinogenic exposures the individual must have had during the intervening half-century.  Perhaps someone (other than Mr. Ricciutti!) can explain this to me.

Ruth

--

Ruth F. Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com